[ietf-dkim] Status of draft-ietf-dkim-base

2006-12-26 09:53:30
Filling the working group in on the status of the DKIM base document:
* It was on the agenda for the 14 Dec IESG telechat.
* Before the telechat, four DISCUSS votes were registered:
 - Sam Hartman
 - Cullen Jennings
 - Lisa Dusseault
 - Bill Fenner
* Bill's DISCUSS was just on an ABNF error, which was already fixed in Eric's working copy, so he switched his vote to "no objection".
* Cullen didn't say what, specifically, his DISCUSS was about.
* Sam wants us to resolve Rob Austein's review comments about security considerations. * Ted Hardie registered a DEFER vote, which can be done once and which defers the document to the next telechat. That will be on 11 Jan. This doesn't, in itself, delay anything, since we'd have to resolve the DISCUSS issues anyway and wait for the next telechat.

So the summary is that we're scheduled for the 11 Jan telechat. In the meantime, I've discussed Lisa's issues with her. I've sent one question to the working group in a separate post. Jim and Eric are working on the other issues -- Jim's had an extended chat with Cullen, and he's working with Rob on the security considerations issues. We hope to have suggested changes to get a working-group OK on before the 11 Jan telechat, so that we can have a new draft ready for them to discuss.

I don't think any of the issues brought up so far will be difficult to resolve... but we need to be efficient about getting them resolved and moving forward. And we can still get a DISCUSS from Ted, who hasn't finished his evaluation.

You can see the base document's status in the datatracker here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=14210&rfc_flag=0
That also has comments and discussion from the IESG.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, DKIM working group chair  (leiba(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com)
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/leiba