Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM signature can mean it's safe to generate bounce?

2007-07-06 19:00:40

Steve Atkins wrote:
so, perhaps, an SSP record by the signing domain that says MailFrom is valid?

Possibly. What's the problem you're trying to solve?

I really hate it when people ask pragmatic questions like that. I mean, really Steve, didn't you know that value propositions are soooo pasé?

But I suppose I have to answer it:

I'm about to generate a bounce-category message. If I'm suspicious enough of the original message, I might decide not to. By way of trying to squelch bad bounce traffic at its source.

Given the DKIM sig and the "Return" SSP record, I'll generate it since the return address domain has said it's valid.

John Levine wrote:
> Personally, I'd rather use BATV.

That filters at the destination, not the source.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking