Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP draft suggestions

2007-07-26 09:30:16
> A top-level domain is one that has exactly one component, e.g., "com",
> "org", "uk", or "tv".  We also talk about suffixes, which would
> probably include "co.uk", "k12.ca.us", and "edu.au".  We mandate not
> querying the top-level domains, since they can be algorithmically
> determined and we really don't want to unnecessarily load the TLD
> servers.

Thanks much for clearing this up for me. I'm obviously not a DNS expert. Now that I understand better I see I was wrong and it will be possible to algorithmically avoid querying the TLDs.

So, my concerns surrounding #4 and #5 were based on a misunderstanding on my part which is now cleared up.

Thanks again!

--
Arvel