[ietf-dkim] user-based keys / another protocol

2007-08-03 15:26:13
In June 2006 Eric Allman wrote:

From eric+dkim at sendmail.org Thu Jun 1 07:36:07 2006
Date: Thu Jun 1 07:36:57 2006
Subject: [ietf-dkim] base-03: Key lookup parameters

The point of passing i= is to allow extension in the future to
possible per-user keying. You wouldn't do this in DNS, but another
protocol should be able to handle it easily.
eric

In the last days I was thinking about an easy way to deploy multiple
selectors/public keys (e.g. for per-user keying) to different DNS servers in an
environment of a mailserver with multiple virtual mail domains: a typical
webhosting scenario with DNS-zones at different providers.

At the point of view of an administrator it seems to be best that public keys
have to be provided directly by the authorities signing outgoing mail (reason:
cost efficiency).
I outlined s.th. at
http://dkim-connector.agitos.de/trac/wiki/DeploymentVersionTwo to support this
idea. I'm sure this kind of deployment was already considered earlier - is
there any information available about that?

Looking for "another protocol" Eric mentioned in the email above I couldn't
find any more hints in the mailing list archives.
Is there something in progress?

Best regards,
Florian