Re: [ietf-dkim] The (really) latest SSP draft

2007-09-28 03:59:02

Jim Fenton wrote:
The most significant change is a new tag, called "handling", that
represents what I called the SSP "Strong" Option in my presentation at
IETF 69.  As I mentioned at the time, we needed a better word than
"strong", and this is what Eric and I came up with.  It takes one of two
values:  "process", the default, means to do what you would normally do
with a message that is Suspicious.  "block" is a way for a domain to
express the preference that messages violating SSP be dealt with more
harshly, such as by deleting, bouncing, or rejecting them.

I guess this isn't something that's explicitly covered in the
requirements draft, so I think we need to see if folks want the feature
supported or not. (Thanks for highlighting it Jim.)

So, do we want to allow ssp statements to say "handling=block" or
some equivalent?

S.