Re: [ietf-dkim] The (really) latest SSP draft

2007-10-18 10:07:18
Folks,

On reviewing the current SSP draft, I'm finding myself unclear about the scope of the document.

So I thought I'd ask a couple of very basic questions:

1. Is the SSP specification intended (or allowed) to modify the semantics of the DKIM Base specification (RFC 4871)?

I am hoping that folks do *not* intend to change the semantics of the base specification, since any change will disrupt adoption of the base.

2. Does RFC 4871 contain any claims that a DKIM signature carries a claim by the signer that any of the body or header content is "correct" or "truthful"?

I ask because I believe it does not carry any such claim and that, rather, a DKIM signature asserts a very generic degree of signer "responsibility" which does not extend to formal claims of correctness.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking