Re: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: Simplify SSP decision tree

2007-12-09 15:56:53

Arvel Hathcock wrote:
The first version of SSP that is standardized needs to have a much shorter and simpler decision tree, if interoperable deployment is to be achieved anytime soon after publication.

Although I'm all for simplification, I wouldn't worry much about this issue. 10 steps is hardly a crucible.

For Internet-scale adoption, this type of complexity can be fatal, particularly when it pertains to a level of policy communication for which there is no precedent.

Well, ok, other than SPF -all... from which we ought to learn some lessons.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking