RE: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: SSP applies only to receive-side filteringengine and not end-users

2007-12-13 11:09:32
John Levine wrote:

Sometimes the bad guys fake the From: line address, a lot of times
they don't even bother.  It is ridiculous to assert that anything like
SSP would make a meaningful difference in the amount of phishy stuff
MUAs show their users.

Right, first we have to decide which color the MUA will paint the
background of the From: header to indicate whether it's trustworthy or
not.

(This is a joke, of course -- but not entirely.  I actually had that
conversation in my last job.  I bet some of the rest of y'all have, too.
There's no best practice to fall back on yet.)