Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-02.txt Discardable/Exclusive

2008-02-10 07:50:44
Eliot Lear wrote:
Wietse Venema wrote:
You do what you want to do.

I would hope that receivers don't discard mail simply because the
domain owner says so. Instead, I would hope that their hint goes
into a weighting process together with other indicators.

Ain't nothing wrong with this approach. If someone wants to zero out the other indicators, it's up to them. I for one will want to consider reputation of the sender along with SSP results (to say the very least). The rest of this thread seems to me moot based on the current direction of SSP-02.

Well I think that's perfectly prudent too. What I was reacting to is this
notion that I have to "know" the domain in question to assign those
weights -- whatever  it means to "know". The ag example is a good
one where I'm nearly certain that I don't "know" them <= layer 7, but
I'm happy having them give me SSP advice for those layers to act on.
I don't need to have some prior relationship with them to make that
negative assertion be useful.

      Mike