Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE 1519: SSP-02:Author Signature scope too narrow

2008-02-13 16:51:40
Douglas Otis wrote:
See:
https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1519

Also relates to issue 1399 "clarify i= vs. SSP" if I understand that correctly.

To briefly summarize, I understand Doug's issue to be the question of whether the local-part of an Author Address should be matched against the i= value, if a local-part is present in i=.

SSP matches the local part if present
draft-levine-asp-00 matches only the domain part
Doug is suggesting a third alternative: to match the Author Address against the g= field in the key record used to verify the signature.

Doug, please verify that I understand the issue correctly before I invest a lot of keystrokes in responding.

-Jim