Re: [ietf-dkim] Section 3.1 - ASP Usage

2008-04-29 17:46:55
At 16:27 29-04-2008, Douglas Otis wrote:
Do you think there should be a statement indicating the ADSP lookup
procedure should not be done when there is a valid Author Domain
signature?  Perhaps the receiving domain only validates DKIM
signatures when ADSP indicates Discardable. : )

My question is about the implementation of ssp-03.  The example which
was tested is an odd case as we have a dkim=pass and
dkim-asp=fail.  Section 3.1 of the draft says:

     If a message has a Valid Signature from an Author Domain, ASP
     provides no benefit relative to that domain since the message is
     already known to be compliant with any possible ASP for that
     domain.

I read that as meaning that as the ASP (ADSP) lookup is not done
then.  I'm not saying that it should not be done. :-)

Regards,
-sm