Re: [ietf-dkim] protecting domains that don't exist

2008-04-30 08:53:15

Hi Dave,

Dave Crocker wrote:

Jim Fenton wrote:
Dave Crocker wrote:
I keep waiting for proponents of this 'feature' to solicit technical
review from independent DNS and security experts, for assessing the
likely benefit as balanced against the likely cost.
I have been soliciting technical review from the DNS folks, literally,
for years, on this and prior iterations. I recall quite clearly a
lengthy discussion I had with Peter Koch at IETF 65 in Dallas just over

Excellent.  So it will not be difficult to document that formal review so
that
the rest of us can consider its careful documentation of the DNS community's
assessment of the peculiar mechanisms defined in the working group draft.

The point behind my probe for formal review was just that:  formal review.
Casual, private conversations might be a precursor, but they are not
sufficient, particularly when seeking to modify the DNS's exact-match
paradigm
for queries.

I'm not entirely sure what'd constitute such a formal review. If
you've input there that'd be useful. (As Jim says, we have asked
members of the DNS directorate publicly, and a number of times.)

However, I guess what we can do is send the draft to the DNS
directorate at the close of WGLC. Would that be ok?

S.