Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: Streamline Abstract

2008-06-03 22:30:28
Dave Crocker wrote:
 > NEW:
 >
 >     DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) defines a domain-level
 >     authentication framework for email to permit verification of the
 >     source and contents of messages.  This document specifies an adjunct
 >     mechanism to aid in assessing messages that do not contain a DKIM
 >     signature for the domain used in the author's address.  It defines a
 >     record that can advertise whether they sign their outgoing mail, and
 >     how other hosts can access those records.

After all of the discussion a few months ago about the need to consider
all of the addresses in the From header field (and not just the first
one, lest we break RFC 2822, etc.) shouldn't we use the plural here?

Also, the second sentence conflicts with the definition of Author
Signature in section 2.7.  I suggest the following:

This document specifies an adjunct mechanism to aid in assessing
messages that do not contain a valid DKIM signature corresponding to the
author address(es) in the message.

I would keep the old version of the third sentence, that makes it
clearer that it's domains that are doing the advertising.

-Jim