[ietf-dkim] Moving forward toward consensus

2008-06-09 07:20:41
Last week, Your Favourite Working Group Chairs had some discussions with each
other, with Pasi (our Area Director), and with some working group participants.
We were looking for ideas to keep the group moving forward at a reasonable
pace,
given some of the differences on the issues and the volume (both "quantity" and
"loudness") of discussion.

We ask everyone to think, as you post, about whether what you have to say helps
keep the discussion on track and contributes something useful.  In particular,
it
will be good for us to highlight key points, summarize discussion, and not miss
the opportunities to find agreement when it's there, sometimes just under the
surface.

We have a number of issues under discussion, and we'll take as long as we need
in order to work those out.  That said, let's set something to aim for.  We'd
like to resolve things over the next month and have a version of
draft-ietf-dkim-ssp that reflects our rough consensus about two weeks before
the
Dublin IETF meeting -- so let's say 11 July.  Can we do that?  Let's go for it,
and see.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, DKIM working group chair  (leiba(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com)