[ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-04 (fwd)

2008-07-02 10:49:54
At long last, here's a new, I hope final, version of the SSP draft.

Notable changes include:

* The name is now ADSP, Author Domain Signing Practices

* Per straw poll, the one-level tree walk is gone.  The flags field in the
ADSP record is gone, too, since there's no longer any flags.

* Per what I hope is group consensus, lookup process is simplified to say
that clients MUST do the NXDOMAIN check and MAY do more extensive checks
to see if a domain exists, and if it doesn't, ADSP doesn't apply.

* Address matching clarified to say that when comparing the author address
to the signature address, Local-part matches are case sensitive, domain
matches are not (that's consistent with RFC 821/2821), beyond that it's
just a string match, in case anyone expected CNAME resolution or other
canonicalization.

* Discussion of wildcards redone to match lookup procedure. I'm pretty
sure it's right, so if you disagree, please be specific.

* Whitespace in ABNF is changed from WSP back to FWS, to make it
consistent with the DKIM spec.  (WSP makes more sense on its own, but I
think we agree that consistency wins.)

* Lots of minor cleanup to remove unused definitions and the like.

R's,
John