Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue 1576: Revise wildcard discussion

2008-07-08 12:39:40
Thing 2:

Currently ssp-04 says that "ADSP records use the "tag=value"
syntax..." and also says that only one ADSP record is to be
published.

In earlier versions it was possible to have multiple SSP/ADSP records.
I didn't understand what multiple records would mean (nor I think did
anyone else) so I adjusted the wording to say at most one record.

I agree that the current wording doesn't explicitly say anything
about tourists, TXT records that show up but aren't planning to do
any work in our context.  Given that it's pretty well understood in
the DNS community that wildcards and _prefix names don't play well
together, I don't see it as urgent to reiterate that here, particularly
since our reiteration would risk being inconsistent with discussions
elsewhere.

R's,
John