Re: [ietf-dkim] A record for _domainkey.$DOMAIN?

2008-10-06 10:47:02
On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 02:33:40PM -0000,
 John Levine <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 51 lines which said:

Those aren't _domainkey records -- they're just wildcards.

Ah, yes, thanks, I should have thought of it. And I should not have
used ANY for the DNS queries.

Side note: what's the best way to test that a given domain has DKIM
records? Since I do not know the selectors (and since there is no way
to get the list of them), querying ANY for _domainkey.$DOMAIN (and
checking there is no NXDOMAIN) seemed a good idea.

With wildcards, I cannot use ANY (or A) so, at the present time, I use
uncommon record types such as MG. A better idea?