Re: [ietf-dkim] Potential DKIM re-chartering...

2008-10-28 14:25:04

Folks, we've had no response so far to this request for new
work items. If that remains the case, Barry and I plan to
let our AD know that its time to declare victory for DKIM and
that we'll be heading into dormant mode after the next
meeting (which should be very short).

Stephen.

Stephen Farrell wrote:
Hi All,

In Dublin [1] we had a few proposals for new work items and presentation
of some related work (Murray's stuff). We agreed with the AD that we
would not start a discussion about potentially re-chartering until after
ADSP and the overview were out of the WG. Well, we're there now, ADSP is
with the AD, the overview write-up is in Barry's queue, and Pasi is ok
with us starting this discussion now.

So, can folks who'd like to propose that we recharter to take on new
work post an I-D describing what they'd like and then start a thread
here so we can discuss the various ideas. Note that the I-D cutoff for
-00's is October 27th. Of course, if you already have an I-D then just
start a thread. Please don't make a proposal without an I-D (the new
tools make posting a draft so easy, I think this is fair).

Barry and I would like us to be able to discuss the various proposals
in Minneapolis with a view to crafting new charter text to send to Pasi
shortly thereafter if we see rough consensus for taking on some new
work items. (BTW - I suspect that if we have no new work items, we
won't need a DKIM slot at every IETF in future and so we'll be very
close to declaring victory, which is always nice:-)

And just in case some folks aren't clear - any new charter text
would just be a proposal for a new charter, the IESG make the decision
as to whether or not to ok that after requesting feedback from the
broader IETF community.

Regards,
Stephen.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dkim/minutes?item=minutes72.html