Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM/ADSP edge case writeup at CircleID

2009-03-25 00:56:07
At 16:40 24-03-2009, J.D. Falk wrote:
Pointing to an RFC rarely mitigates real-world concerns.

I commented on why the problem occurs.  I could argue that header
field should not be present in a RFC 5322 message at the signing
stage.  RFC 4871 lists some header fields that should be signed.  It
also contains a list of header fields that should not be signed.  The
Return-Path header field is listed in there.

If you believe this is a real-world concern that should be addressed,
you could specify that the Return-Path header field must not be
included in the signature.

Regards,
-sm