Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP 4.2.1. Record Syntax clarification

2009-04-14 13:02:21
Barry Leiba wrote:
Should the ABNF be this instead?

    ABNF:
          adsp-dkim-tag = %x64.6b.69.6d *WSP "=" *WSP
                          ("unknown" / "all" / "discardable")[";"]

I ask just in case future updates or new new tags are added.  I wish
to make sure the ADSP implementation do not fall trap to just checking
the entire string so that is all that is currently defined.

That's taken care of by the "tag-list" ABNF construction, as defined
in 4871.  See section 4.3 of the ADSP document (particularly the
second paragraph).

Barry

Ok, so even though the ADSP spec ABNF does not explicitly state the
implied semi-colon delimiter (as I think the stated ABNF should have
to be technically correct), it is implied and expected (optionally)
using the same "tag-list" parsing logic in RFC 4871.

PS: Where is Frank Ellerman? <g>

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos