[ietf-dkim] DKIM V 2.4.O - SSP and timeout

2009-08-17 10:36:52
Hi

(Hope i am at the right place - it is the first time i use this list)

I have Postfix/DKIM version V 2.4.0 installed.

My server configuration is:
On-DNSError             tempfail
DNSTimeout              10

SSP policy:
_ssp._domainkey.spam3.gm.transpac.fr. 900 IN TXT "dkim=all \;
handling=deny \; t=s")

Test = sending a non internal unsigned message with a faked from header
=> result expected = message rejected as per SSP policy in place

When my DNS server is responding within DNSTimeout then I have 2 log
lines including the SSP  reject log line
unknown-jobid) external host be-1-data attempted to send as
spam3.gm.transpac.fr
rejected per sender domain policy
=> result is ok

When my DNS server is NOT responding within DNSTimeout I have not the
SSP log line (ok) but the message passes tru the system.
(unknown-jobid) external host be-1-data attempted to send as
spam3.gm.transpac.fr
=> I expected to have a tempfail

Is it a bug or something I do not understand ?
Nb: I would prefer not to migrate to a new version.

Thank you for your help.
Rgds
Alain