Re: [ietf-dkim] RFC5322 reference in RFC1652bis?

2010-02-18 13:16:05
I'm missing a bit of context on this.  What's the impact on DKIM?

-Jim

Dave CROCKER wrote:
Folks,

The technical details of RFC1652bis must cite MIME AND SMTP, of course.
However
it happens that the details do not absolutlely need to cite RFC5322.

However it strikes me as too strange to have a standard that pertains to
message
objects not cite the /message/ standard.

I'd like to have RFC5322 cited at the time MIME is cited, as Ned suggested
privately:

   In
   particular, a significant portion of the Internet community wishes to
   exchange messages in which the content body consists of a MIME
   message [RFC2045][RFC2046][RFC 5322] containing arbitrary octet-aligned
   material.

Does anyone object?

d/