Re: [ietf-dkim] more on discardable, was Lists "BCP" draft

2010-06-07 05:50:07
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Brett McDowell
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 2:59 AM
To: Roland Turner
Cc: DKIM List
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] more on discardable, was Lists "BCP" draft

I'd strengthen #3 with unrelated harm/breakage/errors should not
arise
from participating stakeholders behaving conservatively.

- Roland

Why not simply clarify this in the currently underway DKIM-BCP?  Then
we don't have to have the caveat in our three guiding principles.  Our
principles will assume all stakeholders (participating in
authentication or not) are reading and following our BCP guidance.  Is
that a fair position for us to take?

Can one of you suggest some specific edits to the current draft's text to move
us in that direction?  Or are we already there with the current text?

-MSK