Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis

2010-08-20 12:35:43
I went through it.  It's a very thorough piece of work.

So far I only have two comments.

Section 3.5, near the bottom of page 23:

  Local- part MAY be drawn from a namespace that does not contain the
   user's mailbox

I'd suggest changing that to

   Local- part MAY be drawn from a namespace unrelated to any mailbox.

The document never says who "the user" is, and I see no advantage to
language that implies that there is one.

Section 7:

Should this section reiterate all of the stuff in 4871, or since the
IANA registry already exists, just say what if anything is different
since 4871?  I don't know which is better.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/dkim-parameters/dkim-parameters.xhtml

R's,
John