[ietf-dkim] Another reality check

2010-09-24 23:37:53
Looking through my notes, I see one report of an IETF list where a sender
who hadn't read RFC 5617 sent mail from a discardable domain, and a
recipient who also hadn't read RFC 5617 rejected rather than discarding on
discardable missing signatures, and got themselves bounced off the list.
The resolution for for the sender to say oops, and delete their ADSP
record.

On this list we used to see mail from paypal.com, which also publishes
discardable, but as far as I can tell, it didn't cause any problems in
practice.  Our Paypal subscribers now use a different domain for their
list mail.

Has anyone else seen any actual observed interactions between ADSP and
mailing lists?

R's,
John