Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: non-ascii header text

2011-04-20 13:59:37
Charles Lindsey wrote:
Murray,

I viewed this as another layer issue. Adding a DKIM-Signature: header
is no different than any other RFC5322 header where UTF8 conversion is
already a consideration.  But maybe to provide guidance for what parts
of the DKIM-Signature RFC5322 header needs to be UTF8 ready, I think
that might the following text is useful.

     RFC5322 messages should be prepared with UTF-8 readiness
     when required. For the DKIM-Signature RFC5322 header,
     implementators SHOULD focus on tags d=, s= and i= to be
     UTF8 ready.

Is there anything that actually needs to be done with a UTF-8 header that
is not covered already in our DKIm spec.?

The heads up is mentioned (in an odd way), but I think John's proposal
to define it as A-label is probably the right way.

--
HLS