Re: [ietf-dkim] Revision to draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis posted

2011-04-24 16:26:49
Quick question and comment:

I see the major change is the TOC (table of content) outline and all
the document's TOC references.   "Chapter 1" is a "editor" note, (very
odd). Is that what we really want for a CHAPTER 1? Especially when it
indicates the idea of removal thus once again changing the TOC outline
and all references again in the final publication?

In regards to issue #1 (section 2.3 or 3.3 for rev 07 now). No one
directly indicate a +/- 1.  You actually agreed "authorized signer" is
an identity. Barry and Dave incorrectly suggested the author (AUID)
has no association with the signature or SDID when in fact the author
(FROM: header) is the only single fundamental requirement for binding
headers.  Its an inherent association with both authorized and
unauthorized semantics. In fact, Dave referenced an informational RFC
to reason the unauthorized semantic, but neglected to note (which I
followed up on) the two sections with greater details devoted to
authorized signer semantics, in particular to WG chartered security
and functional requirements RFC productions. With no other WG input,
this is hardly a show for rough consensus?  It just seems "WG
procedural rules" are followed or not depending what suits the agenda.

--
HLS

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
A new version of draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis has been posted.  This document
is in WGLC, closing 4/30; this new version contains those changes that are
shown in the WG's issue tracker for which there appears to be consensus or
are otherwise uncontested, and I've closed them in the tracker.  You can use
the datatracker link
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis/; click on the
History tab) to get a view of the diffs to make sure we have them right.
Things that have been edited or added as a result of tracker items are marked
with "{DKIM #}" tags.  Text that has been removed has, well, been removed.

Any changes that have had some contention are not yet included and instead
will remain open through the end of WGLC.

I'll be doing the same for the MLM BCP later today.

-MSK