[ietf-dkim] Issue: Section 3.9 - Add AUID and ODID

2011-05-04 18:54:30
Murray wrote:
You want AUID and RFC5322.From added to the Output Requirements
section explicitly.

BTW, while RFC5322.From will satisfy requirements, I am proposing a
new ODID identity (RFC5322.From.domain) since that is whats already
extracted by APIs in order to do the current ADSP support.

I proposes the following:

3.x  Originating Domain Identity (ODID)

    The ODID is the domain part of the From: address.  This identity
    MAY be considered as an output communicated to an advanced
    Identity Assessor module.

       INFORMATIVE IMPLEMENTATION NOTE:

       The ODID and SDID are inputs for the optional
       Checking Signing Practices component as described
       in the DKIM Service Architecture [RFC5585]

3.9.  Output Requirements

    For each signature that verifies successfully or produces a TEMPFAIL
    result, the output of a DKIM verifier module MUST include the set of:

    o  The domain name, taken from the "d=" signature tag; and

    o  The result of the verification attempt for that signature.

|  Optional output are:
|
|  o  The Agent or User Identity (AUID) taken from "i=", if any.
|
|  o  The Originating Domain Identity (ODID). Verifier output
|     MAY consider ODID when no signatures or invalid signatures
|     are found.

    The output MAY include other signature properties or result meta-
    data, including PERMFAILed or otherwise ignored signatures, for use
    by modules that consume those results.

    See Section 6.1 for discussion of signature validation result codes.

You might be able to figure out better text.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com