[ietf-dkim] Final update to 4871bis for working group review

2011-07-02 22:30:15
The 4871bis draft was on this past Thursday's IESG telechat, and
mostly passed, but for a strongly held DISCUSS position from one AD,
Pete Resnick.  Pete had particular complaints about sections 8.14 and
8.15, along with some other issues, and was willing to block the
document until they were resolved.  The editors and the AD together
worked diligently for resolution, and in the end came up with an
updated version that they can all accept, and that we think the
working group can as well -- at least to the extent that we had agreed
before; these changes will not make Charles and Doug happy, but I
think they retain the essence of the rough consensus of others.

Because of the extent of the changes, though, the chair (I) thinks it
needs to come back to the working group for another review.  So the
working group is now asked to look over the diffs, noting that in a
few cases blocks of text were moved to other sections without being
changed.  ONLY diffs are in scope for reconsideration at this point,
and we'll be looking for confirmation that the changes are acceptable,
as well as complaints about the changes.  Complaints SHOULD come with
specific suggestions for alternatives.  Pete apologizes for not having
been involved with this earlier, promises to closely follow the
mailing list thread on this, and will participate in any text
negotiation that's necessary in order to get this right.

We have a week.  Murray will be posting the update (-14) very soon.
Please review and comment by 11 July.

Barry, as chair and document shepherd