Re: [ietf-dkim] Doublefrom language should be in ADSP, not core

2011-07-11 13:13:03
On Jul 11, 2011, at 7:49 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 7/10/2011 7:51 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Scott
Kitterman
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:46 PM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Doublefrom language should be in ADSP, not core

I think we should make it clear that singleton header fields like From (and
Subject and Date) can be added without breaking signatures unless one is
careful as a signer and/or a verifier.  This is related to a core DKIM
design
principle and doesn't need ADSP (or other non-standard measures) for it to
be
something we should care about.

I think the language we've proposed in response to the DISCUSS covers this
appropriately.

+1

+1

--
J.D. Falk
the leading purveyor of industry counter-rhetoric solutions