Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft on email transition to IPv6 from IPv4 for sevice providers and other communities

2011-07-24 12:37:17
Section 11 reference DKIM for Domain Authentication.  Something about
white-listing the big guys.

I am thinking $$$ here.  Big Guys need to pay me to white list them.

Mark Delany wrote:
On 22Jul11, O'Reirdan, Michael allegedly wrote:
Chaps

I would like to bring to your attention and solicit comments on the
following draft.

http://tools.ietf.org/html//draft-oreirdan-rosenwald-ipv6mail-transition-00

Hi Mike. On first glance it doesn't look like much of this document is
relevant to DKIM or vice versa. This is unsurprising since DKIM has
little to do with IP addresses.

On a non-DKIM related front, your document talks about "connection
exhaustion" as a consequence of the increased address space with
IPV6. I would have thought the maximum number of connections is a
function of the number of clients (malicious or otherwise) rather than
the address space they use. Are you anticipating a larger number of
new SMTP clients as a consequence of IPV6?

Mark.

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com
http://santronics.blogspot.com