Re: [ietf-dkim] Authentication-Results

2013-03-27 00:49:47
Our "extant" product supports AUTH-RES for DKIM and ADSP.  Without a
thorough review again and confirmation, I feel, unfortunately, probably
not 100% according your specification. At the time it was implemented,
over a few years ago, I had found it inadequate to cover all bases. I do
recall it was mentioned.  I think this may be ADSP only.   When no MFA
(Mail Filter Agent) standards, and AFAIK, no one is filtering on this
stuff, I didn't think it passed all the information necessary for a
future MFA.

Example, a record for triple signatures via a list submission.

         dkim=pass header.d=ietf.org header.s=ietf1 header.i=ietf.org;
         adsp=fail policy=unknown author.d=resistor.net signer.d=ietf.org
(unauthorized signer);
         dkim=fail (DKIM_BODY_HASH_MISMATCH) header.d=opendkim.org
header.s=mail2010 header.i=opendkim.org;
         adsp=fail policy=unknown author.d=resistor.net signer.d=opendkim.org
(unauthorized signer);
         dkim=fail (DKIM_SIGNATURE_BAD_BUT_TESTING) header.d=resistor.net
header.s=mail header.i=@resistor.net;
         adsp=pass policy=unknown author.d=resistor.net signer.d=resistor.net
(originating signer);