[ietf-dkim] Seeking Clarification of the l= Tag

2013-08-02 23:41:19
I received and email with a l=2 tag in the DKIM Signature and after body
canonicalization put the length at zero, since the body was blank. I notice
that some email processors fail this condition (smartermail)  and other
passes this condition (gmail, port25).

According to the spec  "This value MUST NOT be larger than the actual
number of octets in the canonicalized message body."

To me that implies that it should PermFail, when this condition takes
place. So why does gmail consider this valid? What are your thoughts?

Henry Timmes
www.UnlockTheInbox.com