Re: [ietf-dkim] EAI and 8bit downgrades

2014-07-09 18:09:02
On Wed, 9 Jul 2014, Jiankang Yao wrote:
Is there any RFC which deals with EAI DKIM ?
how to deal with EAI message in the DKIM?
Do we have a decision about it?

We had a small amount of discussion but I don't recall any conclusions.

Signing an EAI message should work the same as signing a non-EAI message.
I suppose we might have conventions for things like whether the d= domain
is a A-labels or U-labels, but those are pretty minor.

As Wietse noted, EAI no longer does any downgrading in transit, so that't
not an issue.  Even if it did, DKIM decided long ago not to deal with it,
and if people recoded, say, quoted-printable into base64, that would break
the signature.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",