[ietf-dkim] DKIM auth verification FAILs in headers, but PASSes in logs; where the best place to get answers about fixing this?

2016-07-06 10:22:34
I've deployed DKIM, using Opendkim, in an SPF+DKIM+DMARC setup.

Works verifiably well outbound, and inbound in most cases.

Except for from some (big & legitimate) mailing lists.  Mail from them is
getting flagged as

  dkim=fail reason="signature verification failed"

but inconsistently.  Trying to debug, dkim logs say PASS, but headers says FAIL.

 message headers say dkim = fail, stats say = PASSED. why the conflict, and how
to fix?

http://serverfault.com/questions/788017/message-headers-say-dkim-fail-stats-say-passed-why-the-conflict-and-how-t

I'm aware of

 DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) and Mailing Lists
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6377

having been pointed there several times "for answers".  Let's just say it
hasn't done the trick for us here.

I've asked about this on serverfault, on the opendkim mailing list, in irc, and
via direct mail to the authors.    I have yet to get any answer as to why this
problem's occurring, and how best to configure DKIM (if it's a config issue to
begin with) so as to avoid the problem.

I'm in 'here' because I'm running out of places to ask.

I'd appreciate any pointers on how to fix this, or better yet, where to have an
actual fruitful discussion.

Thanks,

Jason