Re: [ietf-dkim] Fwd: SendGrid, GetResponse and Hubspot being used over DKIM "patent"

2017-12-05 15:03:36
On 12/5/2017 12:50 PM, Mark Delany wrote:
For moral equivalence, the Date: header is a pledge as to when the
email was composed/sent

I've done only two user studies in my life. The first -- for the Rand system --produced the email command name 'reply'. The second -- for the DRUMS production of RFC2822, I believe, clarifying RFC822 -- was for the semantics of the Date: field. It's meaning was not lear in 822 and the result of the survey of users I did was to define it as the time of posting. Hence the 'send' you cite, rather than the 'compose'.

Thank you for tolerating this distraction. You are now returned to matters of substance...

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking