Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailsploit

2017-12-05 19:54:20
I disagree that it's specifically a DMARC issue, because from that I infer
that you think DMARC is at fault here, i.e., that you expected it to deal
with this.

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Steve Atkins
<steve(_at_)wordtothewise(_dot_)com>
wrote:

That's DMARC working exactly as designed but not as commonly understood,
which makes it a DMARC issue (though a usability one of unmet expectations
rather than anything technical).

Then it's also an email issue generally, because it's probably not commonly
understood that there doesn't have to be a relationship between the display
name and the email address, or between either of those and any other
identifier on the message.

This is just another display name attack.  The only thing that's
breathtaking this time is that some MUAs have evidently chosen to say it's
a server problem.

-MSK