[ietf-dkim] DKIM and EAI

2017-12-05 21:29:07
If I may change the topic for a moment ...

I'm working on some stuff for ICANN to help people get EAI mail working. One of the underspecified bits of EAI is how authentication works with SPF, DKIM, DMARC and now, I suppose ARC. There's a bunch of places where one needs to make arbitrary decisions about what's in ASCII (a-labels) or what's in UTF-8 (u-labels.) I did a draft about it last year:

        https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-appsarea-eaiauth/

It would be nice if this could be finished and published, so I have something better than an expired draft to point at when people ask me how to do DKIM and SPF with their EAI mail.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",