[ietf-dkim] DKIM 3rd party Authorization using DKIM-Conditional

2018-02-12 21:39:27
On 2/12/2018 12:40 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
Just for fun I sent in a new I-D of the dkim-conditional draft that
takes out version numbers and adds feature tags in a backward
compatible way.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-dkim-conditional/

+1.

But just for fun? I wish you would believe more in your work. Take it more serious. If you had done so with ADSP, while we might be at the same position today with its replacement DMARC, we would at least saved a number of IETF man-years as well. Same problem then today. But perhaps the author still doesn't really believe in the policy model, yet does these types of DKIM Policy proposals.

I rather work on this proposal (over ARC) because it directly addresses the key principle DKIM POLICY problem regarding the lack of a 3rd party resigning authorization mechanism with minimum code change and expense. It offers a bigger bang for the buck leveraging years of IETF DKIM Policy Model R&D already done. We just didn't have the POLICY advocates back then as we do today. So perhaps this time it can be different with some of the past policy advocates posting again.

But since we seem to have an curious aversion towards optimizing the solution using a simple DNS lookup, i.e. DMARC+ATPS, the DKIM conditional 3rd party authorization derivative would be the next best thing.

This work should taken seriously with first the author believing in his work.

Thanks

--
HLS