Re: User-to-User or Server-to-Server mail encryption

2004-09-19 20:24:12

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Andrew Newton wrote:

On Sep 19, 2004, at 2:39 PM, william(at)elan.net wrote:

P.S. I actually disagree with those that think signed S/MIME or PGP
   messages would not pass through end-end in current email system.
   I sign messages with S/MIME for one of my account and with
   OpenPGP for another. I've never seen any emal where signature
   would not be passed through by email list or similar forwarder.

Really?  Have you ever sent a message through Yahoo Groups?  Many of
the public list services like to tack adds on to the email causing the
signatures not to validate.

I did. It still validated, the extra text was outside the signature
content (same as most other mail list footers).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks