Re: mailing list software, was What does the mailsig mechanism mean?

2004-11-01 18:18:42

At 01:01 AM 11/2/2004 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
If I'm a spammer and I can get this mailing list to decide that my mail
isn't actually spam and hence forward it to all the subscribers.... why
precisely would I be so excited about the fact I can use it for a replay
attack? :)

Because then I could take the message signed by the mailing list and replay it
to a whole lot of people that aren't subscribed to the mailing list, as well.

-Jim