RE: Web pages for MASS effort

2004-12-01 21:32:45

But that's not what William is saying. The suggestion is not that some
senders will pick a loose policy while other senders pick the strict
policy on day one. Nor that senders might change from one policy to the
other for their own reasons.

Those who talked to me privately know that is EXACTLY what I've been

Sorry. I haven't had that luxury, but thanks for the clarification on-list.

Rather, the suggestion is, I believe, that the Internet as a whole mostly
starts with a loose policy and slowly transitions to a strict policy as
intermediaries become signature aware.

That is also true - I believe email majority (i.e. ISPs) will pick a

Fair enough. My only point is that these seem to be two separate requirements
and we should discuss them separately. That they might happen to be solved by
the same technology is serendipitous rather than essential.

Mark.