Re: Good as the enemy of OK

2005-01-11 21:10:12

   Michael> Riddle me this: how does a receiver know when to say
   Michael> enough is enough?

It knows it needs to deliver it to each recipient at most once.

Well, OK.  I go get a signed message header out of an archive
somewhere, I splice on a spammy body, I take my handy Millions CD, and
I blast the message out to a million different addresses, without
changing the header.  I hope I don't have to remind anyone that the
message header addresses and envelope addresses need have nothing to
do with each other, and in mail from mailing lists they usually don't.

How does this scheme stop or even slow down the spam run?

I have a very strong sense of deja vu here.  We've had this
educational process before, not all that long ago.

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com