Re: In response to Housley-mass-sec-review

2005-03-03 11:49:30

On Feb 25, 2005, at 3:29 PM, Douglas Otis wrote:

As this was completed beyond the IETF draft cutoff date, these links
reference the draft.

When I went to read these, the links appeared to be broken. Doug has provided me copies which I've posted in case anybody else is having problems:

http://ecotroph.net/~anewton/draft-otis-mass-reputation-00.txt
http://ecotroph.net/~anewton/draft-otis-mass-reputation-00.html

Section 6 seems particularly interesting. However, its title says "Preventing the replay attack." I do not believe this is accurate as the approach is really about limiting the damage of a replay attack once detected. That being said, this seems like a simple idea with low overhead.

-andy