Re: SSP - policy location compatibility with DK

2005-08-01 19:11:16

However, one of the issues that shows up is that there is no easy way
to determine that a TXT record is DK.  And trust me, there are quite
a few SPF records that are in wildcards.  Being able to test for
v=DKIM1 at the beginning would be very helpful.  Though parsing the
TXT record to see if it is syntax compatible with DK is pretty easy,
I suspect that there may be situations where something other than DK
syntax is interpreted as such.  After all, people put HTML in qnames
and seeing an MX point to 127.0.0.1 is common.

As you say, parsing may not be completely reliable. I therefore prefer to
mandate a version string at the start of the record.

I note in passing that the current alpha test code generates such a
field even though it is optional according to the specification.

                                Ned