Re: wildcards, was Re: dkim technology?

2005-08-03 03:53:11

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Jim Fenton wrote:

This is why we have avoided any use of wildcards in DKIM.

I agree with your decision (unsurprisingly, since we came to the same
conclusiton wrt CSA). It's theoretically possible to make wildcards work
for this kind of policy, but it either requires a special DNS server, or a
factor of three increase in zone sizes, or an extension to the DNS. None
of these is acceptable for near-term deployment (or ever, for the second
option).

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR