Re: Version identifier

2005-08-03 15:31:30

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

we do as a practical matter require a clear mechanism for distinguishing
between DKIM records and SPF records.  We also need to anticipate
possible future SPF like protocols.

The _domainkey and _policy labels should be sufficient (though _policy is
possibly too generic for good future-proofing). This is because _ can't
appear in mail domains which is where SPF records appear.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR