Re: "extensible" grammar

1998-01-26 12:57:50
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:09:39 -0800 (PST)
From: Ned Freed <Ned(_dot_)Freed(_at_)innosoft(_dot_)com>

I've always liked tagged arguments and would like to see a proposal that
uses them. I use them routinely when writing code in lanuages that
support them and I find the resulting code to be much more reliable and
readable. And they are certainly better than the current situation in
regard to comparators.

I'll try and change the vacation proposal to use them.  Eventally it'll
probably appear in the Internet-Drafts repository, but the one I submitted
was barely changed from the last one I sent to the list.

The comparator stuff in draft 02 is broken in a very major way; it
references the ACAP spec, yet doesn't look anything like it.  The
"match-keyword" stuff, along with comparator stuff, could be done far more
elegantly with tagged arguments, so I'll try and draw up a proposal for
that.

--
                                          Tim Showalter
tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu