Re: :contains "text with foreign characters", correct syntax?

2001-02-21 15:57:15

Is it correct to write rules in the following syntax:

if header :contains "Subject" "foreign characters, for example åäö" {
discard;
}

and store it in UTF-8

Yes, it is correct.

(åäö, are some swedish characters, for your information.)

Then it is a question for the sieve implementation to handle such a
script I suppose.

Yes. Implementations SHOULD support this; see section 2.7.2 of RFC 3028.

I tried it at CMU Sieve 2.0, but it seems not  to be implemented.

That's unfortunate, but having implemented this I can sympathize; it is a
major pain to do.