Re: Updated regex and subaddress drafts

2001-08-31 06:43:05

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Ken Murchison wrote:

I just submitted updates of the following drafts:

http://www.oceana.com/ftp/drafts/draft-murchison-sieve-regex-04.txt
http://www.oceana.com/ftp/drafts/draft-murchison-sieve-subaddress-03.txt

The changes include suggestions from the list and other editorial
stuff.  If I don't get any negative feedback by the time these drafts
expire, I'll probably go ahead and ask for a last call.

A comment to both of these drafts:

Back references!

If I receive mail to simon+foobar(_at_)josefsson(_dot_)org, I may want to file
it
into INBOX.lists.foobar.  I don't want explicit rules for each and every
foobar.

Same thing goes for regexp, I want to write a regexp that match a header
"Mailing-Id: (.*)" and file that into "INBOX.lists.\1"

Perhaps most clients wont have GUIs capable of making use of this though,
and that this idea cost too much in terms of complexity and security, so
it might not be worth it.  Just an idea.

(The added complexity would be that `fileinto' need to be changed, I
think.)

(One obvious security consideration with the scheme is that someone is
able to spam you with mail that create lots of mailboxes.)